Senastions - Mesh gag

Another sensations piece today, their gag this time.

Appearance

Lets see.. Its a harness gag by default, with, to be honest, a half ton of options built in. I count 20 primary gags, with sub options to most of them as well. Quite effective.

The add-ons menu and gags menu are both packed. You can adjust the gag to be a normal single strap, or with just a chin strap, to the full harness. You can add pony blinders, a plume, and so on

In terms of colouring, there's plenty of options as well, lots of colouring, with each part of the gag able to be retextured individually (so if you wanted neon green straps, with a pink ball, yellow metal and a purple plume, you could)

So yes, all in all a VERY customisable gag, so that's good.

The bad? This thing is a pest to fit, at least for my shape, so if you see any slight clipping or the something else that seems off in the pics, you know why.

Function

So a few things to note first before I do my usual method of top left to bottom right.

This thing is slow. When you hit an option to adjust how it looks, expect to wait a good 20 seconds or so for it to register. The other issue is that it seems to IM block by default. You need to manually set it to not IMmute. Bit of a pest, that option should NEVER be on by default.

Now to the normal reviewing.

The first menu is help. In here you can get a help NC, go to a help webpage, get an FAQ or get the Sensations HUD. The second is Touchable. This stops others touching it if turned off I believe. Lastly for the top row we have Update, self explanatory.

The next is Deactivate/Activate. This pretty much is what makes the gag work. Restraint is your typical RLV menu.. With options for just about every possible thing, 6 pages worth. It can even stop you changing group. Lastly for row 2 is Add/Remove, a menu that lets you go into the RLV folder of the wearer, or your own, handy if inventory is blocked.)

Row 3 starts with gags, the main dish. As said above, there are 20 different gags, with suboptions for good measure. As also said above, albeit a bti lower down than the previous one, you need to manually unIMmute each one.

One gag is slightly different. table. When used, you can select something to be placed on it such as chocolate or a cigarette, and it will give it out to any who touch it.

Add-ons is mentioned above, you can also find an IM-Mute button in here (turn it off!), as well as blindfold. The blindfold blocks your vision using enviromental filters or the like, no HUD, and can't be bypassed without having RLV off if you want to see it in full. You can also adjust tightness in here, making the gag garble you more or less, or even not at all.

Lastly for row three is Appearance. In here you can change the sub-options for your gag (say ball by itself, or with a mask as well), as well as retexture it, and lastly resize it.

Last row is fairly simple. You can leash first and foremost.. Which has some interesting options. A public leash mode, the leashes texture, and so on. The owner button is simple, add an owner for the gag. Lastly is lock. In here you can set "Memory", which reminds you who locked it. Pickable, which lets you well, pick the locks, and leave/hide key for obvious usage. It would seem you cannot lock it yourself.

Perhaps the worst bit for me is the lack of a timelock. I mean I can live with the rest of the issues, as they are easily fixed.. but no timelock is always a bad thing. Another minor issue is the anim priority, when I used stuff like the bit gag, my lower jaw kept trying to close then open again, very slight, but noticeable when zoomed in for pic taking.

 My thoughts

I like this gag, despite its issues, but its very much one I'd say thats not for RP. Everytime I changed gag, I found myself having to adjust it again, which is not good when the emotes are flowing. For photoshoots though, I imagine it would be amazing. Add in a timelock, and this thing would be one of, if not the best, multi-gag in SL that I know of.


Scores

Appearance - Iffy fitting, otherwise very nice - 8/10
Function - Slowdown, no timelock, auto-IMblock.. - 7/10
Price - 950 linden


3 comments:

  1. You could live with a 20 second wait to pull up a dialog menu? Clearly I just shouldn't give a damn about efficiency anymore and just create the laggiest thing imaginable. I'd make millions.

    Also you've still not updated either review to reflect the changes I made, I'd say I've tackled most issues you had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, this is interesting.

      No, I don't like the 20 second delay. I said I can LIVE with them, not that I liked them. I also pointed out this is very much a photoshoot gag, not an RP one, which from me is not a compliment.

      Also, in all my time writing, I have updated ONE review. I'm in the process of updating the others when I find time. Why should I prioritize yours over the 90 odd other reviews on here?

      Delete
    2. Well... if I may intrude in your's discussion... IMO that would be fair, that if some maker of stuff found their stuff reviewed there, they should notify reviewer of changes in their products, especially bugs mentioned in reviews. Then reviewer can update info in that particular review. That will also show stuff maker in good light (even if review show their stuff in not "best light") - they care about their customers, offer real updates/bugfixes to their products and their reputation is important to them.

      Delete

Updates!

Sorry for the delay, RL has being rather hectic this past month and has made getting posts out rather difficult. So to start.. New Relea...