AiTech - Shiniez mermaid suit

A tribute item tonight! Everyone should know Shiniez by now, his art and storyline is legendary.

Appearance

This is based on the mermaid seen HERE and in terms of design, is accurate. Rigged mesh, so very easy to fit, and of to be honest it looks damn good. If I was rating this on just the looks alone? Would be 10/10 in an instant. However I'm not..

In terms of recolouring, it has a good selection. 18 colours, with 3 different areas re colourable (base, trim and belts). My pics show the default and my usual combo of black/red as examples.

Then we get to the bad. It has NO built in AO and suggest using a normal mermaid AO. This strikes me as an issue for what is meant for a realistic bondage RP mermaid suit.. Int his suit, you should be forced to crawl along the floor for example, not float in the air. And it has a ton of issues with a few AOs as well, the lacing often getting messed up or the material stretching. At the very least it should force my feet together at all times.



So to put it quickly. It looks amazing, but the lack of built in AO (especially for the price) hurts it severely in my eyes, which is a shame. Shiniez designs deserve at least a basic bondagey mermaid AO.

Function

This thing is VERY basic. You can turn on/off RLV, turn on/off running, touching and flying, as well as enable a slow mo which as it suggest, makes you move much slower and set it to quiet, which just lets the bound one and her captor get the messages from the suit.

Otherwise you can toggle it between 3 locking types. Anyone, single key and no one.

This doesn't need fancy commands and such I admit, but again it just feels like something is missing.. Probably due to the lack of AO again. This review feels too short as well.

Closing thoughts

I think its obvious what I'm gonna say. Give it a built in AO! At the very least force the feet together, and give us RPers who want to be bondage mermaids the options for more realistic play such as well, being forced to crawl in it, not float using a third party AO.

Scores

Appearance - Would be 10/10 but for the stretching issues caused by lack of AO - 8/10
Function - Extremely basic - 7/10
Price - 900 Linden. Now I;d say this is worth it for a shiniez lover. But for the love of god get a good AO first, else the stretching destroys the look.. - 5/10 (liable to change if the creator listens!)

Extra

Right now this review seems both short and harsh to me. But I love shiniez art, like many, and honestly was annoyed at how they felt just leaving out an AO seemed appropriate. I'll likely update this if/when an update to the restraint is released, if only cause I want this one to succeed so badly.

TL;DR

Amazing looks. basic function. Basic funciton I'm more than happy to live with. Lack of built in AO hurts it so badly that I almost didn't post this review.

4 comments:

  1. I have to disagree with the "built in AO" idea. There are some really outstanding mer AO's out there (Mermaid Reef and KH are two that come to mind). Besides offering a wide range of stands, swims and/or other anims, those AOs are made to work with existing and future mer furniture, and these oddball AOs don't always do that very well.
    Although I see what you mean about the "crawling along the bottom" thing, that feels so un-merlike anyway that I would much rather give that up and get my own really nice AO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, as far as I can tell, the Shiniez concept was a real person tied up to look like a mermaid.. Real people don't float in the air when sealed up in a snug latex mermaid tail last I checked. Not saying you shouldn't be able to use a normal mermaid AO with it, just that a bondagey one would of being nice as an option.

      Delete
  2. Curio Obscura has a crawling mer AO. Crawls or swims depending on the water level in the region.

    ReplyDelete

Updates!

Sorry for the delay, RL has being rather hectic this past month and has made getting posts out rather difficult. So to start.. New Relea...